- A bar & grill on South Congress Avenue.
- 1603 South Congress Avenue
- Austin, TX 78704
- (512) 942 - 0823
- Patio & Dining Room Seating Available
- Thu & Fri 3pm-10pm | Sat 11am-10pm | Sun 11am-9pm
- Happy Hour: $2 off select cocktails / 1/2 off bottles of wine. Thu-Sat: 3-6:30pm / Sun: all day
Validated self parking is available for two hours dependent on capacity.
South Congress Hotel Executive Chef, Kendal Duque
With over 20 years of experience, Chef Duque's impressive culinary career spans across Chicago, Paris and New York. Chef Duque worked with Sandro Gamba of NoMI in the Park Hyatt and later became the Chef de Cuisine at the Union League Club of Chicago. The Union League Club has the designation of the number two private club in the United States. In the Summer of 2007, Chef Duque conceived and opened Sepia restaurant with partner Emmanuel Nony. The restaurant opened to critical acclaim, including Best New Chef (Chicago Magazine ‘08); Best New Restaurant (Time Out Magazine ’08); James Beard Semi-Finalist Great Lakes Region ( 2 years in a row ’08, ’09); Gayot’s Guide Ten Best New Restaurants in the U.S. (’08); and more. Duque went on to open Chicago Firehouse, American Junkie, and The Brass Monkey.
In 2014 Chef Duque transitioned to Executive Chef of the Glenview Private Country Club, where he managed 12 outlets. Chef Duque comes from multiple kitchens with modesty and hard work, but all filled with team spirit and joy. He now helms as Executive Chef of South Congress Hotel.
Health & Safety
Since reopening our doors, our top priority has been creating a safe environment for our guests & our team. We are continuing to monitor & adjust our service as needed based on current food safety recommendations.
- + Masks are required upon arrival & throughout the ordering process.
- + When in common areas, please wear your mask and respect 6 ft social distancing guidelines.